Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

It's Sunday......

Somewhat MIA this week, both from posting on here as well as the 52DC forum...
It was just one of those weeks. I managed to get in 3 solid RT's as well as 2 CT's totaling 6.63 miles. I had to late week meeting, one ended up at PF Changs, I never knew that you could create a 1000 calorie chicken plate without using breading.....It was a good meal.



I got a small surprise from the scale mid-week...211.2. Down from 236/237 during the last week of 2010. I should be able to hit 210 by Warrior Dash time. This weigh in was before the whole PF Changs nightmare and my planned Saturday cheat day.



My TNT Diet Book arrived yesterday and I've skimmed through it and it's not that far off from how I'm currently eating. I still need to drop my carbs more and increase my healthy fat intake. I'll need to concentrate on the "Muscle Building Zone" and do a better job of feeding the furnace after my workout.

The book cost me less than $9.00 with shipping..If this whole TNT diet thing doesn't workout I figure for the amount of recipes that the book contains I bought a pretty decent cookbook for $9.00. The exercises don't appear to be anything ground breaking as I must have 5 or 6 of the Men's Health exercise book.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss. For the most part, you are beyond the TNT workouts. They happen to be pretty good, but you could probably go with the advanced ones if your were interested. The workouts and the diet are not necessarily connected - unless you are a total newbie.

    The program is really "low carb eating for dummies." You don't count calories or carbs - you just eat what you are allowed and it all falls into place. Fitday and similar programs - just give you a clear understanding of what's going on. I have never tracked my intake.

    Plan A is your basic eating - forever. Plan B adds Carbs around exercise. Plans C, D & E fall into the concept of Carb cycling.

    As you read the book - understand that it is written for the 20-40 yo guy who wants to go out with the guys on the weekend and enjoy.

    I fluctuate between A & B while having a carb heavy meal at special events - about once or twice a month.

    You will find what is comfortable for you. Now memorize this phrase: Hold the potatoes - extra veggies please. ;-)

    ReplyDelete