Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dropping the holiday pounds

Lots of cool holiday gifts, a Stretch-Out-Strap, foam roller, and The Men's Health Big Book of Exercises....
The book was something that I have wanted for a long time but spending the $15.00 to add another book to my library was just something that I really didn't want to do. As with most of the exercise books that I've I started out by skimming through and then focusing on the chapters that interest me. The book is packed with lots of good information, showing how to do exercises with barbell, dumbbell as well as kettlebell. There's a section of warm ups and body weight exercises.




So it's the 12 week fat loss workout...12 weeks should be ample amount of time to see some body composition changes. Low sets and high reps for the first week with the later weeks changing to higher sets and lower reps.

I ran the the first workout this morning and even with the rests my heart rate did manage to get up there.

and the final Christmas gift was a weight sled....something that I've wanted for a long time. I finished today's workout with sled pulls and sled rows...yet another way to get the heart rate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment