Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

I am a warrior

Idle time is not always best spent on me.....I've fallen victim to late night QVC products ( a car alarm ) , home sick from work ( a newspaper subscription) etc.... Early this morning I had some idle time and I came across a site for the "Warrior Dash".....and look there's one close by "LINK"
What is the Warrior Dash you might ask, I'm so glad you asked...
here's the first 4 points of the wavier, it's enough to give you the general idea.

Waiver and Release Of Claims, Assumption Of Risk and Warning Of Risk
1. I understand that entering Warrior Dash is a hazardous activity.
2. I understand that Warrior Dash presents extreme obstacles including, but not limited to, fire, mud pits and steep hills.
3. I agree not to participate unless I am medically able.
4. I agree to not consume alcohol prior to Warrior Dash or ingest any medicines or substances that will inhibit my mental or physical ability to safely and effectively participate in Warrior Dash.

Here's 4 of the 12 obstacles....









































Here is their training advice...

How do I train for Warrior Dash?
1. Day one: run as far as you can. Go home. Day two: do the same thing.
2. Find the dirtiest pond in your neighborhood and snorkel in it - in your slippers, without goggles.
3. Practice your climbing and crawling skills at your local jungle gym. Ignore the small children and parental glares.
4. Do not shower or shave for weeks in order to obtain a true Warrior look.

All in all how tough could this be? I'll let you know on Jan 30th.

4 comments:

  1. You is one crazy guy. Enjoy - looks like fun - for you - not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to do something unique and there's not way my back could handle a marathon or an ironman....I figured at 3.45 miles I should me able to pull this off, besides I haven't played in the mud for years....

    ReplyDelete
  3. My friends and I did a Warrior Dash in Georgia last May. We had a great time and the course actually ended up being about 2.5 miles which was a little disappointing, but we still had a great time. Here is the link to my pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sarahbearaxx/sets/72157624130607866/

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah thanks for sharing the pictures...most of the YouTube videos I've watched have been from the Georgia race.
    On another note I'm envious of your DMB concert attendance. I saw them years ago at Lakewood in Atlanta, and to date it was the best concert that I've ever been to.
    I watched their Central Park DVD (again) just the other night, I never get tired of watching Carter.....

    ReplyDelete