Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Back On my Side Of The World

After a grueling 8 hours that started with the "Red Eye" out Vegas my internal clock is back on Eastern Time (I think). Fighting a tweaked back and dry sinus's (try the Neti-Pot...) I feel almost human.


Saturday we got out and participated in this years Walk Now For Autism Speaks. Considering the rainy evening and night turn out was tremendous.  We brought home a whole bunch of gluten free snacks as well as packages and packages of information on Autism. A bit of $165,000 was raised for this years walk.
Rock climbing walk

Live tunes...of course they played Sweet Home Alabama



After the Autism walk it was lunch time so....my wife suggested a BBQ place that she had always wanted to try...me being no stranger to BBQ was all in. Scruby's was the place and as soon as we open the car door you could smell the smoke from the pit. We started with an order of "Sweet Corn Nuggets", my wife had the "Sloppy Joe" I had "Beef Brisket Sandwich" (without the bun, so in reality I guess it was a beef brisket plate)..the other members of the party had chicken tenders and the pork sandwich. They had a nice looking salad bar and an excellent selection of sauces. Lunch for four with drinks and an appetizer $46.00.....All in all it's worth a return trip


Scruby's BBQ & Ribs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment