Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Jan 26

It's been one of those weeks where I'm not on the road and it's been nice...This evening my wife made a wonderful Weight Watchers Chicken with Black Bean Chili dinner.
1 lb ground chicken
1 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup dry red wine or water
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1 garlic clove, minced
1 can (15oz) kidney beans, undrained
1 can (14.5-oz) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, undrained
6 Tbsp low-fat Cheddar cheese, shredded

Cook the ground round in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until brown, stirring to crumble. Add chopped onion and the next 7 ingredients (onion through garlic), and cook for 7 minutes or until onion is tender. Place meat mixture in an slow cooker, and stir in beans and tomatoes. Cover with lid, and cook on LOW for 4 hours. Spoon into bowls; sprinkle with cheese.

257 Calories; 10g Fat (36.1% calories from fat); 21g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 48mg Cholesterol; 578mg Sodium

I managed two servings and I've got some for lunch tomorrow...sweet!

Getting more into this new template and still feeling muscles ache that haven't ached in a while.....I cut the rest periods down to 60 seconds and started with about 10 minutes of stretching and foam rolling.



I managed to get in a four mile walk while my wife was in school. Several folks were still burning their Christmas lights....more power to you! Keep 'em burning till Easter I say. Most of the time that I walk or run in a new place I just start out and sometimes I manage to easily find my way back to the car sometimes it's not so easy and it adds an extra mile or so to my trek....but the nice thing with Runkeeper is that it lets you see the route you've walked.....

No comments:

Post a Comment