Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jan 9

Managed to enjoy the beautiful South Florida weather today with a bike ride into the Everglades. I headed 25 miles out into the "River of Grass" where I found Shark Valley and their 15 mile bike path. I've spent the last few months seriously considering buying a bike. It's probably been 20 years since I've been on a bike, and it's true what people say - You never forget how to ride a bike.





But I can tell you that I forgot what it feels like to ride a bike 15 miles......by the time I hit the observation tower (the halfway point) and dismounted from my bike both the bike and my butt let out a heavy sigh........
I grew up down here and saw many alligators during my youth but to this day I never tire of seeing these huge creature. The trail banks were littered with coots, herons, turtles and gators.

From the top of the 65' tower the view was amazing saw grass, water and palmetto bushes. At the bottom of the tower 3 of the biggest gators I'd seen all day were catching a few rays themselves. I rode past Boy scouts hiking, a few runners, lots of families and a bunch of photographers taking pictures of the animals and landscape.


Nothing but grass...click picture for biggie size

Got home early afternoon and managed to get in a RT. My legs were fried from the bike ride so I ignored the designed template and just played it by ear...and here's what I ended up with.

Tomorrow is weigh in, lets see where I'm at.........


No comments:

Post a Comment